Tuesday, June 28, 2011

34 Ford flatbed hot rod - nearly done

This is an AMT 34 Ford p/u I recently got in a trade. This will be built as a stakeside flatbed shop truck for a fictional salvage company called L&R Original Parts Rescue. So far I have modified the kit suspension to get rid of the wishbones. I plan on totally scratching the flatbed (& stakesides)so I made a frame for it from 2x2mm stock. The rear step/ trailer hitch is to add the trailer I made a few months ago. The engine is the flattie from the Revell 50 F-1 and will feature Ardun Heads and triple carbies.

This build will be mildly weathered and feature distressed suede paint. No salt or hairspray here just paint that has gotten thin in areas and a little primer showing through. I plan on taking 1/8 inch out of the top (bout 3 scale inches) no hood sides. Checkerboard firewall, lots of wood, mud flaps in the rear. I'm still kicking the interior around for this one. I may use the bench seat and make another mexican blanket. Lots to do still.

Eddie Johnson Leslie Johnson Bruce Johnstone Alan Jones Tom Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment