Sunday, May 1, 2011

What constitutes a 'PRO BUILD'?

A friend of mine from Tennessee by the name of Tommy Dunn who races a Super Pro/Gas Dodge  Omni sent me an email the other day wanting to know what constituted a PRO BUILT model car. I told him that I didn't have the slightest clue even though I have built models (40 years) and sold models (since Ebay)  that I could not answer his question. It seems that he was annoyed by auctions listed on Ebay that did not qualify themselves as professionals but said that the model listed in the auction was "Pro Built". Does it really matter? To me, NO!... IT DOES NOT MATTER.....List it the way you want, sell it the way you want, who cares?? Tommy, I have known you since the 4th grade....Is it that important to know this? There can be 40,000 answers to this question and if anyone cares to chime in please do so...... To me there are Pro builders like Clay Kemp, Dirk Joseph, Wayne Stevens Jr., Mike Alverez, Ken Hamilton and so on but they don't advertise it or offer their models for sale like some do on Ebay or other venues.........I do sell on Ebay from time to time but I don't adverstise as Pro Built.....Even though I said there can be 40,000 answers to this I am anxious for you guys (and gals) to chime in on this subject....Pro or not, lets here what it takes to present (show or sell)  a Pro Built model car. Remember guys....Its model cars and not a matter of life and death. This is what we do as a hobby and for relaxation and fun.......Pro or not?? Remember folks, to keep it civil here....If you have an opinion post it .... but don't blast others for what they think or believe. What constitutes a PRO BUILD?

Marc Genй Elmer George Bob Gerard Gerino Gerini

No comments:

Post a Comment